New glamping site could open next to BeWilderwood Adventure Park
- Credit: Google
A new glamping site could open on farmland outside a village in north Norfolk.
The planning application would see the trustees of Hoveton Estate install up to ten bell tents, as well as washrooms and a timber store, in a field between the villages of Horning and Hoveton.
The site is off Long Lane and near Bewilderwood Adventure Park, where the tents would be pitched on a seasonal basis from March to October.
Papers supporting the application say the site, employing three part-time staff, would be "modest in scale" and has been "sensitively designed".
The tents would be six metres in diameter and more than three metres high.
No cars would be allowed on the glamping meadow, with 13 car parking spaces instead provided in an adjacent field.
Plans for the washrooms show two open-sided shelters made of timber frames and a galvanised roof.
- 1 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 2 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 3 Converted barn to Scandi-style lodge: 5 bungalows for sale in Norfolk
- 4 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 5 'I'd bring back the carnival raft race' - Q&A with Becky Robinson
- 6 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 7 Covid rates drop by up to 43pc across all areas of Norfolk
- 8 'A good fit' - New owners to take over garden centre cafe
- 9 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 10 Sex and the City star Kim Cattrall enjoys trip to Norfolk coast
A decision on the bid is expected by January 18 next year.