New glamping site could open next to BeWilderwood Adventure Park
- Credit: Google
A new glamping site could open on farmland outside a village in north Norfolk.
The planning application would see the trustees of Hoveton Estate install up to ten bell tents, as well as washrooms and a timber store, in a field between the villages of Horning and Hoveton.
The site is off Long Lane and near Bewilderwood Adventure Park, where the tents would be pitched on a seasonal basis from March to October.
Papers supporting the application say the site, employing three part-time staff, would be "modest in scale" and has been "sensitively designed".
The tents would be six metres in diameter and more than three metres high.
No cars would be allowed on the glamping meadow, with 13 car parking spaces instead provided in an adjacent field.
Plans for the washrooms show two open-sided shelters made of timber frames and a galvanised roof.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 3 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 5 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 6 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 7 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 8 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 9 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 10 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
A decision on the bid is expected by January 18 next year.