Householders warned of bogus salesman
A fresh warning has gone out to householders in north Norfolk about a door-to-door salesman, claiming to be deaf, who is selling drawings.Police say he was reported calling at homes in Hanworth, Holt, West Beckham and Burgh near Aylsham between 4pm and 7.
A fresh warning has gone out to householders in north Norfolk about a door-to-door salesman, claiming to be deaf, who is selling drawings.
Police say he was reported calling at homes in Hanworth, Holt, West Beckham and Burgh near Aylsham between 4pm and 7.10pm on Thursday.
He shows a card stating he is deaf, asks them to buy drawings for £10 or £12, and, if not, to make a donation of £1 to £2.
Police are currently investigating the circumstances around these incidents and would like to hear from anyone who spots the man who is in his 30s, white with a pale complexion, smartly dressed with short hair, which could be dark blonde or brown.
Trading standards officers added that residents should never agree to have work done, or buy goods from, someone that calls unannounced at their door, or approaches them on the street.
It was virtually impossible to trace them if there were any problems with the work or goods - which was all too often the case.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 6 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 7 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 8 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 9 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 10 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
Anyone experiencing problems with traders, or needing further advice, can call the national consumer helpline - Consumer Direct on 08454 040506. Witnesses should contact the Operation Radar team at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.