Householders warned of bogus salesman
A fresh warning has gone out to householders in north Norfolk about a door-to-door salesman, claiming to be deaf, who is selling drawings.Police say he was reported calling at homes in Hanworth, Holt, West Beckham and Burgh near Aylsham between 4pm and 7.
A fresh warning has gone out to householders in north Norfolk about a door-to-door salesman, claiming to be deaf, who is selling drawings.
Police say he was reported calling at homes in Hanworth, Holt, West Beckham and Burgh near Aylsham between 4pm and 7.10pm on Thursday.
He shows a card stating he is deaf, asks them to buy drawings for £10 or £12, and, if not, to make a donation of £1 to £2.
Police are currently investigating the circumstances around these incidents and would like to hear from anyone who spots the man who is in his 30s, white with a pale complexion, smartly dressed with short hair, which could be dark blonde or brown.
Trading standards officers added that residents should never agree to have work done, or buy goods from, someone that calls unannounced at their door, or approaches them on the street.
It was virtually impossible to trace them if there were any problems with the work or goods - which was all too often the case.
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 4 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 5 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 6 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 9 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 10 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
Anyone experiencing problems with traders, or needing further advice, can call the national consumer helpline - Consumer Direct on 08454 040506. Witnesses should contact the Operation Radar team at Norfolk Constabulary on 0845 456 4567.