Housebuilder hands over allotments at new development in Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered residents can grow their own at new allotments in a Norfolk market town.
Housebuilder Persimmon Homes handed over the allotments to Aylsham Town Council, as part of the planning agreement linked to the company's Willow Park development on Cawston Road.
Josh Ford, contracts manager for Persimmon Homes Anglia, said: 'Aylsham Town Council offers a number of allotments for local people, from starter plots to bigger spaces for those really keen to be self-sufficient, so we were delighted to hand over an acre of allotment space as part of the Section 106 agreement for Willow Park.
'We hope the residents who secure these allotments get many years of enjoyment and produce from them.
'Aylsham is a popular place to live, so it's no surprise the development has been very successful. We have already completed the first two phases and expect to have finished all the homes on phase three by next summer.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show