Home opens its doors in North Walsham for special open day event
- Credit: Archant
A barbecue and live music were just two of the events enjoyed at a residential home as part of this year's Care Home Open Day.
The Manor House in North Walsham opened its doors for the day as part of an event to encourage local people to visit neighbouring care homes with the aim to work together and develop relationships.
Manager, Ann Hall-Galley, said she had been 'delighted' to be able to take part.
'Care Home Open Day is a great way for us and our residents to connect with the local community,' she said.
'Visitors are able to meet residents, join in a range of activities and see first-hand the excellent range of services and the fantastic work that goes on behind the scenes here at our home.'
You may also want to watch:
Activities happened throughout the afternoon, including live music with Terry Adams, a raffle, a barbecue, and a tour of the home and its ground.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use