Norfolk town about to welcome a new addition to its retail mix
- Credit: Archant
A businesswoman opening a new home furnishings shop in North Walsham has expressed confidence in the town's future.
The latest addition to the mix of shops in North Walsham town centre is Home and Linen in St Nicholas Court.
And mother-of-three Joanne Cannon hopes the new business will bring even more footfall into the town.
The shop opens on Saturday at 10am opposite the town's church.
She said: 'North Walsham was once a great busy marketing town and we feel it can be again, it needs more business and retailers, independent and chain, to open in the town, What we are offering is a bit different.
You may also want to watch:
'We have an amazing range of cushions, bed linen and kitchenwares from some really great designers and suppliers. We got the stuff by going to trade shows and seeing what's in fashion.
'I'm planning to work closely with the town council and independent business group to encourage football into the town centre, and we are going to get some locals to make things to sell.'
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 9 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 10 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
She has been in the retail trade since she was 16, and added: 'I'm now 40, so hopefully I have the knowledge and experience to support this.'
'We have rented the shop. We ran a similar kind of business in Colchester and moved up here. We used to holiday in Bacton and Mundesley and loved it.
'I have done home furnishings my whole life. and people have already started banging on the door to see when we are opening.
'We will be open from Monday to Saturday, 9am to 4pm. At first, it will be just me working here, but it would be nice to get some staff.'
Her partner Jon Brent has also just opened a business in Recorder Road, Norwich, Cannon Clarke Architects, and they are living in Swanton Abbott.
New businesses arriving in North Walsham earlier this year included the independent mortgage adviser, The Mortgage Point, which opened a walk-in advice shop in the Market Place. And Costa Coffee could be opening nearby before the end of the year.