New town fayre for hesitant north Norfolk residents
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever wanted to know what activities are in Holt but are either too hesitant to ask or don't know where to find out?
UCAN (United Community Arts Network), a new group which has grown out of the Holt Fringe Festival Committee and linked with Love Holt, is organising a new event designed to help.
The group is organising a town fayre with the idea of supporting residents and promoting activities and events in Holt.
Phil Barrett, chair of UCAN, said: "It is about pulling-together and helping to promote its clubs, organisations, charities and businesses to residents as well as visitors.
"We believe an annual town fayre event is in everybody's interest, recognising the difficulty that many of us have in plucking-up the courage to approach an organisation to find out what they do."
You may also want to watch:
The fayre will take place on Saturday, October 12 between 10am - 4pm at Holt Community Centre.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach