Holt Town Council by-election
A by-election will be held in Holt to fill two vacancies on the town council.A further by-election could also take place in the north Norfolk market town due to a third councillor resigning.
A by-election will be held in Holt to fill two vacancies on the town council.
A further by-election could also take place in the north Norfolk market town due to a third councillor resigning.
Last month both Martin Jolliffe and Philip High resigned from the council and so far 10 nominations have been received to fill the vacant seats. The high level of interest means an election must be called.
Now Howard Heathfield has also resigned from the council because he wishes to spend more time abroad. If more than one person stands for his seat a second election will have to be called. However, it is unlikely that this will be held at the same time as that for the other two seats.
You may also want to watch:
So far no date has been set for either election.
- 1 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 5 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 6 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 7 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m