Town centre bank branch enters final days
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk town's Santander bank is in its final days, while another has less than a month left.
The branch in Market Place, Holt, is due to shut its doors for the last time on Thursday, June 13, at 4pm.
The Santander in Aylsham's Red Lion Street will shut on July 4.
The Spain-based banking giant announced in January it was closing the branches, along with three others in Norwich, Newmarket and Stowmarket.
As part of the firm's national restructure, 100 Santander branches will also be refurbished as part of a £55m plan.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Allen, the firm's head of retail and business banking, said the decision came as ever more bank users were deserting high street branches in favour of internet banking. She said: "The way our customers are choosing to bank with us has changed dramatically in recent years, with more and more customers using online and mobile channels."
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart