Town centre bank branch enters final days
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk town's Santander bank is in its final days, while another has less than a month left.
The branch in Market Place, Holt, is due to shut its doors for the last time on Thursday, June 13, at 4pm.
The Santander in Aylsham's Red Lion Street will shut on July 4.
The Spain-based banking giant announced in January it was closing the branches, along with three others in Norwich, Newmarket and Stowmarket.
As part of the firm's national restructure, 100 Santander branches will also be refurbished as part of a £55m plan.
You may also want to watch:
Susan Allen, the firm's head of retail and business banking, said the decision came as ever more bank users were deserting high street branches in favour of internet banking. She said: "The way our customers are choosing to bank with us has changed dramatically in recent years, with more and more customers using online and mobile channels."
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 5 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?