Plans to demolish police station and build houses in its place
- Credit: Archant
There are plans to demolish Holt’s police station, build houses in its place and have officers move into the fire station next door.
Norfolk Constabulary wants to demolish its building in Norwich Road and build four two-storey houses and four bungalows on the site, with a short cul-de-sac for access and 14 off-road parking spaces.
Planning documents submitted to North Norfolk District Council say: “Although the proposal involves the loss of the use of the building as a police station the neighbouring fire station is going to be expanded and improved and will house both the fire brigade and the police.
“Therefore, the police service would not be degraded in the locality and the loss of the use of the building would not therefore result in the loss of the police service as a community facility in the locality.”
The application says the development would not have “any adverse affects” on the highway network in terms of safety and capacity.
You may also want to watch:
It added: “We consider that the proposed development comprises of an acceptable use for the no longer required buildings.”
The planned new homes would be positioned so that they did not overlook their neighbours in Woodrow Avenue to the rear of the half-acre site.
- 1 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 2 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 Aylsham Cycle Centre wins national award for entrepreneurial spirit
- 6 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 7 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 10 Man with knife hidden in pen threatened to stab police officer
Four of the homes would be one-bedroom, and there would be one two-bedroom and three three-bedroom properties.