Holt Country Park wins Green Flag award for seventh year running
Holt Country park is celebrating winning a national Green Flag award for the seventh year running.
The Green Flag Award Scheme is the national standard for parks in the UK and recognises well-managed, high-quality areas.
Throughout the UK 1,288 parks and green spaces will receive awards, raising their flags throughout Love Parks Week running until July 31.
The 100-acre park is run by North Norfolk District Council where John Lee, cabinet member for tourism and leisure, said: "This is a great accolade and yet more recognition of the fantastic facility that we have in Holt Country Park.
"We all know how great North Norfolk is, but this Green Flag, when combined with our Blue Flags for our beaches, really does help to sell us as a tourist destination. It tells the world what we already know - that you can't beat North Norfolk's countryside and coastline."
You may also want to watch:
Holt Country Park hosts a programme of family and educational activities throughout the year, as well as offering way-marked trails for walkers, sculptures around the wood and a children's playground.
Other local winners included Hunstanton Esplanade Gardens and Green, the Tower Gardens and Walks at Lynn, Whitlingham Country Park and Colney Woodland Burial Park. near Norwich and Nicholas Everitt Park at Oulton Broad.
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 10 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
Green Flag Plus Partnership chairman Phil Barton said: 'The importance of good-quality green spaces cannot be overestimated. They are central to the growth of our communities, both socially and economically.
'The Green Flag Award Scheme, and its growth, is essential in driving up the standards of our parks and green spaces. Access to quality green space is something we all desire and the scheme plays a key role in providing it.
'In these challenging financial times it is heartening that the number of Green Flag and Community Awards continues to grow. As the value of green space and the role it plays in our communities strengthens, we must ensure these high standards remain.'
Holt Country Park now has the chance to receive a further award from the Green Flag Plus Partnership, the People's Choice Award - done by a public vote. To register support for Holt visit www.greenflagaward.org.uk