Hold the front page! North Norfolk News helps reunite owner with stolen bike
- Credit: Archant
A bike was stolen from outside a supermarket in Cromer at the weekend.
But the North Norfolk News was able to reunite it with its owner after discovering it abandoned at the edge of a clifftop in the town's Runton Road car park and posting a picture of it on the newspaper's page on social-networking site Facebook on Sunday.
It had been taken from nearby Morrisons on Saturday.
Police said no-one has been arrested in connection with the theft and officers were still investigating.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Anyone with information please call 101 and speak with PCSO Slade.'
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on Facebook within hours of our post, the bike's owner Mark Vesey said: 'Thanks all, just got it.'
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 10 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait