HMP Bure staff take break form being clean cut
The nine prison staff, from HMP Bure based near Coltishall, are growing moustaches to help raise money for Help for Heroes and have nicknamed their attempt, Handlebars for Heroes.
They started their fundraising mission on October 1 and will finish on December 20.
Richard Duncan, 46, is one of those taking part.
He said: 'It all came about one Sunday lunchtime, when I suggested to the others about growing moustaches, then we said if we were going to do it, why not do it for charity. It just grew from there.
'We have everyone involved from the catering staff, through to the prison officers.'
In fact the group even have an honorary female member, Linsey Wilson, 29, who works in the canteen, and is supporting them by wearing her own fake moustache.
The rules are strict though – only moustaches allowed, no beards, and if anyone weakens and has their moustache shaved off before December 20, the forfeit they pay is having one leg waxed.
- 1 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 4 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 5 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 6 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer
- 7 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Norfolk man runs 68 miles in one day for charity
- 10 Norfolk towns and villages which have received national recognition in 2022
Mr Duncan said: 'It is all going good, but I do not think I am very popular with the guy's wives, but it is all for a good cause.'
So far, between them, the group, none of whom have grown moustaches before, have managed to raise around �800 in sponsorship.