HMP Bure staff take break form being clean cut
The nine prison staff, from HMP Bure based near Coltishall, are growing moustaches to help raise money for Help for Heroes and have nicknamed their attempt, Handlebars for Heroes.
They started their fundraising mission on October 1 and will finish on December 20.
Richard Duncan, 46, is one of those taking part.
He said: 'It all came about one Sunday lunchtime, when I suggested to the others about growing moustaches, then we said if we were going to do it, why not do it for charity. It just grew from there.
'We have everyone involved from the catering staff, through to the prison officers.'
You may also want to watch:
In fact the group even have an honorary female member, Linsey Wilson, 29, who works in the canteen, and is supporting them by wearing her own fake moustache.
The rules are strict though – only moustaches allowed, no beards, and if anyone weakens and has their moustache shaved off before December 20, the forfeit they pay is having one leg waxed.
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme
Mr Duncan said: 'It is all going good, but I do not think I am very popular with the guy's wives, but it is all for a good cause.'
So far, between them, the group, none of whom have grown moustaches before, have managed to raise around �800 in sponsorship.