Historic north Norfolk hotel put on market
A north Norfolk hotel which went into administration last month has been put on the market for more than �2m.
RSM Tenon Recovery became joint Administrators of JKRS Limited, who ran the Links Country Park Hotel and Golf Club in West Runton near Cromer, in September.
They have now put both The Links and its sister hotel in Derbyshire, the Peveril of The Peak Hotel, in Derbyshire on the market.
The hotels are being marketed by business agents, Christie + Co, The Links for �2.75 million and the Peveril of the Peak Hotel for �1.75 million.
Christie + Co director Jeremy Jones, said they hoped to attract bids from a wide range of prospective buyers, and hoped to generate local interest.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'The hotels will appeal to private local buyers who are familiar with the history of the properties and understand the local market.
'They are also likely to attract corporate buyers who have the ability to develop the businesses and invest in widening their customer appeal.'
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 7 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
The Links Hotel is one of the oldest businesses in Norfolk, established near Cromer, since 1899, and as well as accommodation, also boosts a golf course, indoor swimming pool, tennis court and sauna. It also offers wedding and conference facilities, as well as hosting a range of seasonal events.
JKRS took over the running of the hotel in 2004.
Mr Jones added: 'The hotel operation and golf club complement each other very well, each creating spin-off business for the other.'