Norfolk care home to share in gloves grant from Historic England
- Credit: Archant
A Cromer care home will get a share of 5,000 pairs of disposable gloves donated by Historic England.
The heritage agency’s archive department has given the gloves to six Royal British Legion care homes including Halsey House in Cromer amid the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
A spokeswoman for Historic England said: “We’re glad to be able to pitch in and help in a small way during these unprecedented and challenging times.”
The gloves would normally be used in a wide range of archival and conservation work, such as handling delicate historical materials and photographs.
A spokesperson for The Royal British Legion said: “We are extremely grateful to receive such as donation at this time. The care staff are working hard to ensure our residents are happy, healthy and life goes on as much as normal and this donation is welcome support at this time.”
You may also want to watch:
Historic England’s investigative science team has also donated 1,000 pairs of gloves to the NHS.
It comes as the government has faced increasing pressure over its response to the coronavirus outbreak, and how residents and staff at care homes are being protected.
Halsey House, in Norwich Road, is home to about 75 people from the armed forces community and their families.
MORE: Coronavirus in Norfolk - Subscribe and listen to the EDP Daily Podcast bringing you the latest news and updates on Coronavirus in your area
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car