New tearoom opens at country park
- Credit: Archant
A new tearoom at Holt Country Park comes after public feedback made it clear that a café was the addition people wanted.
Hetty's tearoom is a family-run business operated by Karen Fuller, her mother, Heather, whose nickname is Hetty, her daughter and her husband David.
Set in a wooden cottage to fit in with the natural surroundings, even the colour scheme was chosen with the park's beauty in mind with every element feeling like it belongs in the woods.
The wide range of treats on offer includes homemade cakes, scones, sausage rolls, sandwiches, toasties, coffees and teas, plus vegan and gluten free options.
The park is owned by North Norfolk District Council, whose portfolio holder for culture and wellbeing, Virginia Gay, said: "This is just what people have been asking for - a lovely café in Holt Country Park."
It's open seven days a week during the summer months, from 8.30am to 5pm.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers