Fine art to go on show at village festival
- Credit: Mike Thody
Paintings, photography, ceramics and sculpture by Norfolk artists will go on show at an upcoming exhibition near Holt.
The eighth annual Hempstead Arts Exhibition and Sale will take place at the village hall in The Street, with proceeds going to help the village's All Saints’ Church.
Ian Summers, organiser, said: “It is wonderful to be able to stage this popular local event once again and we are absolutely delighted that so many local artists have again approached us to exhibit.
“We are expecting an exciting variety of different styles and media, ranging from fine paintings to photography, ceramics and sculpture by a number of exceptionally talented Norfolk artists.”
The exhibition takes place over the September 4 to 5 weekend between 10am and 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
More than 120 exhibits from around 25 artists will go on show.
Since the launch of the exhibition and sale, the event has raised more than £15,000 for church funds.
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 10 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'