Could you help reunite valuable lost keepsake with owner?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A north Norfolk man is hoping to reunite a lost keepsake with its owner - if they can correctly identify it from his description.
Peter Taylor discovered a small keepsake lying in the road while riding his bicycle from Holt to Cley on Monday, October 1.
He didn't want to identify the item in case someone falsely claimed it as theirs, but said if the owner recognised it from the description of the engraving he would be happy to hand it back to them.
Mr Taylor, from Cromer, said: 'I found it yesterday, around midday.
'It was lying in the middle of the road from Holt to Cley, about a mile or so down the road from Holt.'
The item is engraved with the words 'With all my love', and the date '5. 8. 17.'
Mr Taylor added: 'It's clearly a sentimental gift - probably from a woman to a man.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 4 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 5 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 8 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 9 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 10 Coffin nails and metal hips raise thousands for hospice
'I think it could be worth £150.
'If whoever lost it recognises this description and can tell me what the item is, I would like to reunite it with its owner.'
Anyone recognising the description of this item should contact Peter Taylor on 07704 567595.