Could you help reunite valuable lost keepsake with owner?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A north Norfolk man is hoping to reunite a lost keepsake with its owner - if they can correctly identify it from his description.
Peter Taylor discovered a small keepsake lying in the road while riding his bicycle from Holt to Cley on Monday, October 1.
He didn't want to identify the item in case someone falsely claimed it as theirs, but said if the owner recognised it from the description of the engraving he would be happy to hand it back to them.
Mr Taylor, from Cromer, said: 'I found it yesterday, around midday.
'It was lying in the middle of the road from Holt to Cley, about a mile or so down the road from Holt.'
You may also want to watch:
The item is engraved with the words 'With all my love', and the date '5. 8. 17.'
Mr Taylor added: 'It's clearly a sentimental gift - probably from a woman to a man.
- 1 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 7 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 8 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
'I think it could be worth £150.
'If whoever lost it recognises this description and can tell me what the item is, I would like to reunite it with its owner.'
Anyone recognising the description of this item should contact Peter Taylor on 07704 567595.