What do you find special about Blakeney, Cley, Morston and Wiveton?
- Credit: Archant
Council bosses are looking for suggestions from the public to help preserve and enhance conservation areas in north Norfolk for the next generation and beyond.
North Norfolk District Council (NNDC) wants people to let them know what they find special about the historic villages of Blakeney, Cley, Morston and Wiveton.
The four Glaven Ports are undergoing a conservation area appraisal to review the designation that protects their character through the planning process.
NNDC's appointed heritage consultancy, Purcell, has drafted appraisals for each village, defining their special qualities and identifying the issues which threaten them.
Exhibitions displaying the proposals will be in each village's parish church during the consultation period, which runs until October 22.
You may also want to watch:
A public meeting will be held at Blakeney village hall on Friday, October 5, from 6.30pm to 8pm, where representatives from NNDC and Purcell will answer questions.
The appraisal documents are available to view at www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/caa-public-consultation
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest