Friends deliver festive gifts to hospital patients and staff
- Credit: Richard Batson
A sleigh-full of goodies have been dropped off at North Walsham hospital by its Friends group to give patients and staff a festive boost.
Packages for patients include a dozen goodies ranging from word search puzzle books and bedsocks, to toiletries and chocolates.
Three big hamper bags for staff working on the wards, and other departments, contained food and drink including mince pies and biscuits.
They were delivered by Friends chairman Keith Jarvis and his wife Zana who is a committee member.
Mr Jarvis said: “It is a Friends' tradition to do the Christmas presents, which we know are appreciated by the patients and staff.
"In a normal year we would tour the wards handing them out, but this is the second year we have had to drop them off, for staff to hand out on Christmas Day.
“Patients enjoy the treats, and they like knowing that people, other than their family, are thinking of them at Christmas. And we like to show our appreciation to staff, who have had a particularly tough year due to Covid.”
Visit www.northwalshamhospitalfriends.org.uk to find out more about the Friends.
- 1 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed
- 2 Bar and restaurant could open in old coach house
- 3 'Something a bit different' - Tex-Mex shack spices up seaside town
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 5 Three people injured after Land Rover and lorry crash on the A140
- 6 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 7 Eighties music and a puppet called Arthur coming to Cromer Pier
- 8 Missing north Norfolk woman found safe and well in Leeds
- 9 Dramatic drone pictures show scale of erosion on north Norfolk coast
- 10 Norfolk beaches named among best for winter walks in UK