Happy birthday for a lady of 104
Celebrations to mark the birthday of one of the oldest people in the county were held at a Broadland nursing home on Sunday.Pat Oram, who lives at The Mill House Nursing Home in Horstead, reached her 104th year.
Celebrations to mark the birthday of one of the oldest people in the county were held at a Broadland nursing home on Sunday.
Pat Oram, who lives at The Mill House Nursing Home in Horstead, reached her 104th year.
Her daughter Jill Duke, who visits every day, said the mother of two, grandmother of five and great grandmother of nine had marked her birthday with a pampering session.
She said: “I gave her as her present a manicure on Saturday. She really enjoyed having her nails painted and hands massaged. When I finished she said 'When will I have my toes done?'”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Oram, who is due to become a great-grandmother for the 10th time next month, moved to Mill House two years ago having lived with 76-year-old Mrs Duke in Belaugh, near Coltishall, since 1986.
The 104-year-old has lived all over the country during her long life and spent 17 years in Malta following her late-husband Reginald's retirement in 1969.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 7 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
Steve Snelling, business manager for Mill House which is owned by Essex-based company Runwood Homes, said staff at the nursing home believed Mrs Oram could be the oldest person in Broadland. He added: “In the 2001 census nobody in the locality was aged over 99.”
Mrs Oram was presented with a bouquet of flowers by district councillor Michael Snowling during the celebrations before enjoying her weekly roast dinner.