Happy birthday for a lady of 104
Celebrations to mark the birthday of one of the oldest people in the county were held at a Broadland nursing home on Sunday.Pat Oram, who lives at The Mill House Nursing Home in Horstead, reached her 104th year.
Celebrations to mark the birthday of one of the oldest people in the county were held at a Broadland nursing home on Sunday.
Pat Oram, who lives at The Mill House Nursing Home in Horstead, reached her 104th year.
Her daughter Jill Duke, who visits every day, said the mother of two, grandmother of five and great grandmother of nine had marked her birthday with a pampering session.
She said: “I gave her as her present a manicure on Saturday. She really enjoyed having her nails painted and hands massaged. When I finished she said 'When will I have my toes done?'”
Mrs Oram, who is due to become a great-grandmother for the 10th time next month, moved to Mill House two years ago having lived with 76-year-old Mrs Duke in Belaugh, near Coltishall, since 1986.
The 104-year-old has lived all over the country during her long life and spent 17 years in Malta following her late-husband Reginald's retirement in 1969.
- 1 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 2 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 3 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 4 'We were braced for cancellations' - Hotel bosses on emergence of Omicron
- 5 The village in the path of controversial wind farm cable
- 6 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Christmas market draws hundreds to high street
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Norfolk still has just one identified Omicron Covid case
Steve Snelling, business manager for Mill House which is owned by Essex-based company Runwood Homes, said staff at the nursing home believed Mrs Oram could be the oldest person in Broadland. He added: “In the 2001 census nobody in the locality was aged over 99.”
Mrs Oram was presented with a bouquet of flowers by district councillor Michael Snowling during the celebrations before enjoying her weekly roast dinner.