North Norfolk Coast Watch group recruiting for new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk coast watch group is calling for volunteers.
Happisburgh Coast Watch, which operates a year round service, is recruiting for new members.
Fundraiser Val Hawson said: 'Volunteers who can spare a few hours of their time are always welcome.
'Age is not a barrier so please join our team.
Volunteers act as lookouts in case of people or vessels getting into trouble on the beach, cliffs or at sea.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the service said: 'No prior experience or knowledge is needed as volunteers are trained by a dedicated officer with 25 years experience.
'No-one is left to carry out a shift until confident.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 4 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 Success for town's first official scarecrow festival
- 9 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
'The role is suitable for anyone who can spare two hours a week.'
Anyone interested in joining the group should call 01692 582961, email volunteering@coastwatch happisburgh.co.uk, or message Happisburgh Coast Watch on Facebook.