North Norfolk Coast Watch group recruiting for new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk coast watch group is calling for volunteers.
Happisburgh Coast Watch, which operates a year round service, is recruiting for new members.
Fundraiser Val Hawson said: 'Volunteers who can spare a few hours of their time are always welcome.
'Age is not a barrier so please join our team.
Volunteers act as lookouts in case of people or vessels getting into trouble on the beach, cliffs or at sea.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the service said: 'No prior experience or knowledge is needed as volunteers are trained by a dedicated officer with 25 years experience.
'No-one is left to carry out a shift until confident.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 5 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines
'The role is suitable for anyone who can spare two hours a week.'
Anyone interested in joining the group should call 01692 582961, email volunteering@coastwatch happisburgh.co.uk, or message Happisburgh Coast Watch on Facebook.