North Norfolk Coast Watch group recruiting for new volunteers
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk coast watch group is calling for volunteers.
Happisburgh Coast Watch, which operates a year round service, is recruiting for new members.
Fundraiser Val Hawson said: 'Volunteers who can spare a few hours of their time are always welcome.
'Age is not a barrier so please join our team.
Volunteers act as lookouts in case of people or vessels getting into trouble on the beach, cliffs or at sea.
A spokesperson for the service said: 'No prior experience or knowledge is needed as volunteers are trained by a dedicated officer with 25 years experience.
'No-one is left to carry out a shift until confident.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 3 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 4 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 5 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 6 Anne Boleyn's execution commemorated at Blickling
- 7 Students get set for A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- 8 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 9 Landlord appeals against fine for 'excess cold and electrical hazards'
- 10 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
'The role is suitable for anyone who can spare two hours a week.'
Anyone interested in joining the group should call 01692 582961, email volunteering@coastwatch happisburgh.co.uk, or message Happisburgh Coast Watch on Facebook.