Guards bolster Holt school band ranks
Grenadier Guardsmen joined the ranks of student musicians at a workshop and performance at Gresham's School in Holt.
Bandsmen from the guards worked with pupils during an afternoon workshop, as the military musicians visited the school for the second year running.
The army and school bands then combined for a concert which saw them perform a broad spectrum of music, climaxing in the rousing 1812 Overture.
Maj Simon Gates, the Combined Cadet Force contingent commander at Gresham's, said: 'It is a fantastic opportunity for our young musicians, including for the first time this year, some from our prep school, to play alongside and learn from the members of a professional band.
'It also gives our cadets an insight into the variety of careers available in the military while at the same time providing a spectacular musical event for the local community.''
A collection at the concert raised �900 for the Combat Stress charity.
- 1 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 4 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 5 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 10 'A great escape' - How a Norfolk webcam helped a Canadian couple endure lockdown