Guards bolster Holt school band ranks
Grenadier Guardsmen joined the ranks of student musicians at a workshop and performance at Gresham's School in Holt.
Bandsmen from the guards worked with pupils during an afternoon workshop, as the military musicians visited the school for the second year running.
The army and school bands then combined for a concert which saw them perform a broad spectrum of music, climaxing in the rousing 1812 Overture.
Maj Simon Gates, the Combined Cadet Force contingent commander at Gresham's, said: 'It is a fantastic opportunity for our young musicians, including for the first time this year, some from our prep school, to play alongside and learn from the members of a professional band.
'It also gives our cadets an insight into the variety of careers available in the military while at the same time providing a spectacular musical event for the local community.''
You may also want to watch:
A collection at the concert raised �900 for the Combat Stress charity.
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74
- 6 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 7 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 10 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers