Guards bolster Holt school band ranks
Grenadier Guardsmen joined the ranks of student musicians at a workshop and performance at Gresham's School in Holt.
Bandsmen from the guards worked with pupils during an afternoon workshop, as the military musicians visited the school for the second year running.
The army and school bands then combined for a concert which saw them perform a broad spectrum of music, climaxing in the rousing 1812 Overture.
Maj Simon Gates, the Combined Cadet Force contingent commander at Gresham's, said: 'It is a fantastic opportunity for our young musicians, including for the first time this year, some from our prep school, to play alongside and learn from the members of a professional band.
'It also gives our cadets an insight into the variety of careers available in the military while at the same time providing a spectacular musical event for the local community.''
You may also want to watch:
A collection at the concert raised �900 for the Combat Stress charity.
- 1 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 2 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 7 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 8 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 9 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 10 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule