Guards bolster Holt school band ranks
Grenadier Guardsmen joined the ranks of student musicians at a workshop and performance at Gresham's School in Holt.
Bandsmen from the guards worked with pupils during an afternoon workshop, as the military musicians visited the school for the second year running.
The army and school bands then combined for a concert which saw them perform a broad spectrum of music, climaxing in the rousing 1812 Overture.
Maj Simon Gates, the Combined Cadet Force contingent commander at Gresham's, said: 'It is a fantastic opportunity for our young musicians, including for the first time this year, some from our prep school, to play alongside and learn from the members of a professional band.
'It also gives our cadets an insight into the variety of careers available in the military while at the same time providing a spectacular musical event for the local community.''
You may also want to watch:
A collection at the concert raised �900 for the Combat Stress charity.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 10 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village