Gresham’s pupils perform on stage with award-winning group
An award winning group have paid a visit to the county and been joined on stage by pupils from a north Norfolk school.
The quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps, performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt on Wednesday alongside five lucky pupils from Gresham's School.
The performance at the school concluded the 14th season of subscription concerts there.
The quartet formed in London in 2000 to perform, record, create and commission new music. They have since been heard in hundreds of venues and festivals in the UK and across Europe.
Joining them on stage to perform at the beginning of the concert were five harpists from Gresham's senior and prep school.
You may also want to watch:
They also benefited from a workshop with the musicians in the afternoon, preparing them to accompany 4 Girls 4 Harps on stage.
Fiona Ross, music administrator at Gresham's School, said: 'We always try to get a bit of added value out of the musicians performing here and ask them to do workshops with the pupils. 4 Girls agreed. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children as you do not often get harpists performing together as a group.'
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ