Gresham’s pupils perform on stage with award-winning group
An award winning group have paid a visit to the county and been joined on stage by pupils from a north Norfolk school.
The quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps, performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt on Wednesday alongside five lucky pupils from Gresham's School.
The performance at the school concluded the 14th season of subscription concerts there.
The quartet formed in London in 2000 to perform, record, create and commission new music. They have since been heard in hundreds of venues and festivals in the UK and across Europe.
Joining them on stage to perform at the beginning of the concert were five harpists from Gresham's senior and prep school.
They also benefited from a workshop with the musicians in the afternoon, preparing them to accompany 4 Girls 4 Harps on stage.
Fiona Ross, music administrator at Gresham's School, said: 'We always try to get a bit of added value out of the musicians performing here and ask them to do workshops with the pupils. 4 Girls agreed. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children as you do not often get harpists performing together as a group.'
- 1 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 2 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 3 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 4 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
- 5 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 6 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 7 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 8 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 9 'Rare' blue lobster found by Norfolk fisherman
- 10 Vandals target Banksy artwork in Cromer