Gresham’s pupils perform on stage with award-winning group
An award winning group have paid a visit to the county and been joined on stage by pupils from a north Norfolk school.
The quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps, performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt on Wednesday alongside five lucky pupils from Gresham's School.
The performance at the school concluded the 14th season of subscription concerts there.
The quartet formed in London in 2000 to perform, record, create and commission new music. They have since been heard in hundreds of venues and festivals in the UK and across Europe.
Joining them on stage to perform at the beginning of the concert were five harpists from Gresham's senior and prep school.
You may also want to watch:
They also benefited from a workshop with the musicians in the afternoon, preparing them to accompany 4 Girls 4 Harps on stage.
Fiona Ross, music administrator at Gresham's School, said: 'We always try to get a bit of added value out of the musicians performing here and ask them to do workshops with the pupils. 4 Girls agreed. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children as you do not often get harpists performing together as a group.'
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 3 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 10 Dog boutique to celebrate second birthday with treats for pooches