Gresham’s pupils perform on stage with award-winning group
An award winning group have paid a visit to the county and been joined on stage by pupils from a north Norfolk school.
The quartet, 4 Girls 4 Harps, performed at the Auden Theatre in Holt on Wednesday alongside five lucky pupils from Gresham's School.
The performance at the school concluded the 14th season of subscription concerts there.
The quartet formed in London in 2000 to perform, record, create and commission new music. They have since been heard in hundreds of venues and festivals in the UK and across Europe.
Joining them on stage to perform at the beginning of the concert were five harpists from Gresham's senior and prep school.
You may also want to watch:
They also benefited from a workshop with the musicians in the afternoon, preparing them to accompany 4 Girls 4 Harps on stage.
Fiona Ross, music administrator at Gresham's School, said: 'We always try to get a bit of added value out of the musicians performing here and ask them to do workshops with the pupils. 4 Girls agreed. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children as you do not often get harpists performing together as a group.'
- 1 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 2 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 3 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 How Norfolk shantymen got involved in viral TikTok trend
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Businesses launch Jack Valentine hamper scheme