Grand steam gala taking place
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held this month to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
The crossing is set to re-open today after 46 years and to celebrate occasion, the Poppy Line, which runs through Sheringham, Weybourne, Holt and Kelling Heath, is holding a three-day steam gala from tomorrow until Sunday.
Visiting engines include an N2-type engine, which will be re-united with the 86-year-old Quad Art teak carriages to form a typical London suburban train of the 1920s.
Another special visitor is an 85-year-old steam engine built by the Great Western Railway to haul heavy coal trains in the South Wales valleys, which is coming to the Poppy Line for a two-year stay and will make its debut at the gala.
You may also want to watch:
The William Marriott Museum at Holt Station will be open.
All day hop-on, hop-off rover tickets are �13 for adults, �12 for senior citizens, �9 for children aged five-15, and under 5s are free,
- 1 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 2 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 3 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 'She married ballet' - Tributes paid to dance teacher who inspired thousands
- 8 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk this August
- 9 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 10 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
To book tickets or for more information, call 01263 820800.