Grand steam gala taking place
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held this month to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
The crossing is set to re-open today after 46 years and to celebrate occasion, the Poppy Line, which runs through Sheringham, Weybourne, Holt and Kelling Heath, is holding a three-day steam gala from tomorrow until Sunday.
Visiting engines include an N2-type engine, which will be re-united with the 86-year-old Quad Art teak carriages to form a typical London suburban train of the 1920s.
Another special visitor is an 85-year-old steam engine built by the Great Western Railway to haul heavy coal trains in the South Wales valleys, which is coming to the Poppy Line for a two-year stay and will make its debut at the gala.
You may also want to watch:
The William Marriott Museum at Holt Station will be open.
All day hop-on, hop-off rover tickets are �13 for adults, �12 for senior citizens, �9 for children aged five-15, and under 5s are free,
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 New £4.85m cancer centre will make life 'easier'
- 4 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Last chance to own historic items as town hall goes under offer
- 7 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 8 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 9 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 10 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
To book tickets or for more information, call 01263 820800.