Grand steam gala taking place
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held this month to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
Rail enthusiasts are being invited to a grand steam gala being held to mark the historic re-opening of Sheringham level crossing.
The crossing is set to re-open today after 46 years and to celebrate occasion, the Poppy Line, which runs through Sheringham, Weybourne, Holt and Kelling Heath, is holding a three-day steam gala from tomorrow until Sunday.
Visiting engines include an N2-type engine, which will be re-united with the 86-year-old Quad Art teak carriages to form a typical London suburban train of the 1920s.
Another special visitor is an 85-year-old steam engine built by the Great Western Railway to haul heavy coal trains in the South Wales valleys, which is coming to the Poppy Line for a two-year stay and will make its debut at the gala.
You may also want to watch:
The William Marriott Museum at Holt Station will be open.
All day hop-on, hop-off rover tickets are �13 for adults, �12 for senior citizens, �9 for children aged five-15, and under 5s are free,
- 1 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 2 'The British are very hardy' - North Norfolk's hospitality sector reopens
- 3 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 4 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 5 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended
- 6 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 7 Wood engraving artist and children's writer dies following long illness
- 8 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 9 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 10 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
To book tickets or for more information, call 01263 820800.