New era as former hotel site becomes retirement flats
- Credit: Archant
The former owner of a Sheringham hotel will talk about its history at the grand opening of a new retirement complex built on the site.
Hilary Stevens, who once owned the Beaumaris Hotel which occupied the site on which Beaumaris Court now sits, will also perform the ceremonial ribbon-cutting duties.
Now more than 80pc sold, the gated development on South Street comprises 30 privately-owned retirement living apartments for the over 60s and was built by McCarthy and Stone.
Retired people in the area can attend the opening and enjoy a glass of fizz, between 11am and 4pm on Thursday, November 1.
The Beaumaris Hotel was founded by Rose Lee and her daughter Mary Turner, and opened in 1947. It was passed down the family tree to Hilary Stevens and her husband Alan in 1991, before closing in 2015.
Famous guests included a young Michael Palin in 1948, Nigel Havers and Honor Blackman.
- 1 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 2 Security fears raised over Badersfield asylum seeker plan
- 3 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 4 Bid to change use of north Norfolk B&B to residential home
- 5 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 6 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
- 7 'A coffee shop was a childhood dream' - Q&A with Mel Benns
- 8 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 9 Dog bans could be extended at north Norfolk parks
- 10 Coffin nails and metal hips raise thousands for hospice