Arts Society’s £1,500 for East Anglia Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Generous Arts Society members based in the Glaven Valley in north Norfolk presented a £1500 cheque to East Anglia Children's Hospices (EACH).
The branch, which is based in Cley, raised the money from raffles held at monthly meetings over the past year.
After the presentation, members settled down to their regular monthly lecture with Mark Cottle telling the story of Shackleton's third polar expedition on the Endurance, which was illustrated by wonderful black and white photographs from the time.
At the end of the talk members adjourned for tea and cake to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of The Arts Society.
Are you interested in the arts? Would you enjoy stimulating lectures, day trips and longer visits to places of intereste in like-minded company? Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at Cley village hall.
Visit theartssocietyglavenvalley.org.uk or contact email@example.com for more information
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 4 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 5 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 8 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 9 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 10 13 schools closed due to Covid cases and heating problems