Arts Society’s £1,500 for East Anglia Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
Generous Arts Society members based in the Glaven Valley in north Norfolk presented a £1500 cheque to East Anglia Children's Hospices (EACH).
The branch, which is based in Cley, raised the money from raffles held at monthly meetings over the past year.
After the presentation, members settled down to their regular monthly lecture with Mark Cottle telling the story of Shackleton's third polar expedition on the Endurance, which was illustrated by wonderful black and white photographs from the time.
At the end of the talk members adjourned for tea and cake to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of The Arts Society.
Are you interested in the arts? Would you enjoy stimulating lectures, day trips and longer visits to places of intereste in like-minded company? Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at Cley village hall.
Visit theartssocietyglavenvalley.org.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sinkhole opens up on busy Sheringham junction
- 2 RNLI rescues woman stranded on boat in Blakeney
- 3 Replica of Only Fools and Horses van to go under the hammer
- 4 Plan to house Afghans at Holt Hall quashed
- 5 Volunteers pitch in to clean up pond
- 6 Pumpkin patch proves a Halloween hit at visitor farm
- 7 Hundreds pay tribute to Sheringham cobbler John Hart
- 8 Van driver seriously injured in collision with tractor
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?