Girl Guides serve up a treat at ARC fundraiser
- Credit: LEIGH CAUDWELL
It was designed to protect the heritage of the organisation and was officially opened in three months ago.
But Norfolk Girl Guides are still fundraising for their new Archive Resource Centre (ARC) at Coltishall so it can be completed.
Last weekend they hosted a dine and donate evening, organised by North Norfolk Division Commissioner Debbie Wright, who is a professional chef, at neighbouring Patteson Lodge activity centre.
More than 60 diners enjoyed a four course meal served by a team of guides who volunteered their time as waitresses & members of her kitchen team, after which guests were asked to donate money for the value of the meal.
During the evening there was a table quiz, a raffle and also an auction of donated gifts which included: tea for two at the House of Commons; a signed Norfolk City Football Club Flag Banner; a signed Delia Smith cook book; and gift vouchers.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised £2100 towards the ARC, which was made possible through donations, legacies, gifts and fundraising events by local and regional girl guiding & Trefoil guild units.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Girlguiding said: 'We are still fundraising for the ARC, to enable the building to finished to our requirements and to ensure that it's adequately furnished with useful equipment so that the heritage resources can be used and enjoyed to their full potential for many years to come and to ensure that our heritage is fit for our future.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 5 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 10 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip