Girl Guides serve up a treat at ARC fundraiser
- Credit: LEIGH CAUDWELL
It was designed to protect the heritage of the organisation and was officially opened in three months ago.
But Norfolk Girl Guides are still fundraising for their new Archive Resource Centre (ARC) at Coltishall so it can be completed.
Last weekend they hosted a dine and donate evening, organised by North Norfolk Division Commissioner Debbie Wright, who is a professional chef, at neighbouring Patteson Lodge activity centre.
More than 60 diners enjoyed a four course meal served by a team of guides who volunteered their time as waitresses & members of her kitchen team, after which guests were asked to donate money for the value of the meal.
During the evening there was a table quiz, a raffle and also an auction of donated gifts which included: tea for two at the House of Commons; a signed Norfolk City Football Club Flag Banner; a signed Delia Smith cook book; and gift vouchers.
The event raised £2100 towards the ARC, which was made possible through donations, legacies, gifts and fundraising events by local and regional girl guiding & Trefoil guild units.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Girlguiding said: 'We are still fundraising for the ARC, to enable the building to finished to our requirements and to ensure that it's adequately furnished with useful equipment so that the heritage resources can be used and enjoyed to their full potential for many years to come and to ensure that our heritage is fit for our future.'
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 5 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Homes in Norfolk amongst least likely to be burgled