Get your applications in for a scoop from Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival’s £5,000 pot
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Good causes in the Cromer and Sheringham areas are being invited to apply for a share of £5,000 which will be handed out by the Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival community grants scheme.
The windfall follows the success of this year's festival auction which saw more than 102 decorated mini beach huts snapped up by bidders.
Earlier in the year the huts, decorated by more than 400 people, formed the festival's art trail through the two resorts.
Since the auctions began in 2010 the festival has donated more that £33,000 to local projects.
Festival chairman Tony Shipp said they would welcome grant applications. He added: 'Projects or activities can include local community events, groups, sporting activities, and the purchase of specialist equipment. This list is not exclusive however and we urge anyone to get in touch to find out more.' Applications must be received by Saturday, November 19.
You may also want to watch:
Download an application form from the festival's website or email email@example.com
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 7 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show