Get your applications in for a scoop from Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival’s £5,000 pot
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Good causes in the Cromer and Sheringham areas are being invited to apply for a share of £5,000 which will be handed out by the Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival community grants scheme.
The windfall follows the success of this year's festival auction which saw more than 102 decorated mini beach huts snapped up by bidders.
Earlier in the year the huts, decorated by more than 400 people, formed the festival's art trail through the two resorts.
Since the auctions began in 2010 the festival has donated more that £33,000 to local projects.
Festival chairman Tony Shipp said they would welcome grant applications. He added: 'Projects or activities can include local community events, groups, sporting activities, and the purchase of specialist equipment. This list is not exclusive however and we urge anyone to get in touch to find out more.' Applications must be received by Saturday, November 19.
Download an application form from the festival's website or email email@example.com
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display