Get your applications in for a scoop from Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival’s £5,000 pot
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Good causes in the Cromer and Sheringham areas are being invited to apply for a share of £5,000 which will be handed out by the Cromer and Sheringham Crab and Lobster Festival community grants scheme.
The windfall follows the success of this year's festival auction which saw more than 102 decorated mini beach huts snapped up by bidders.
Earlier in the year the huts, decorated by more than 400 people, formed the festival's art trail through the two resorts.
Since the auctions began in 2010 the festival has donated more that £33,000 to local projects.
Festival chairman Tony Shipp said they would welcome grant applications. He added: 'Projects or activities can include local community events, groups, sporting activities, and the purchase of specialist equipment. This list is not exclusive however and we urge anyone to get in touch to find out more.' Applications must be received by Saturday, November 19.
You may also want to watch:
Download an application form from the festival's website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 5 Cliff fall warning issued for North Norfolk ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 7 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 8 Road in north Norfolk village shut due to leaking water main
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Family butcher and livestock market operator dies aged 74