Garden photography exhibition to celebrate Norfolk garden designer
- Credit: Archant
A photography exhibition at a north Norfolk park will pay tribute to the Aylsham designer who created it.
The International Photographer of the Year exhibition, at Sheringham Park will feature images celebrating the landscape designer, Humphry Repton, as part of his bicentenary.
The exhibition, held in the Bower Garden, will display for the first time images of gardens the Norwich-educated designer created more than two centuries ago.
The winning entry was taken by Simon Lea at Warley Woods in the West Midlands, while Sheringham Park, Repton's favourite work, features amongst the finalists.
Malcolm Fisher, visitor experience manager at Sheringham Park, said: 'We're so excited to see the Repton category on display.
You may also want to watch:
'As a great artist himself, I'm sure Repton would have been pleased to see his work captured in this way.'
The free exhibition will run at the park from September 1 to October 28, dawn to dusk.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 6 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 7 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 8 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck