Garden photography exhibition to celebrate Norfolk garden designer
- Credit: Archant
A photography exhibition at a north Norfolk park will pay tribute to the Aylsham designer who created it.
The International Photographer of the Year exhibition, at Sheringham Park will feature images celebrating the landscape designer, Humphry Repton, as part of his bicentenary.
The exhibition, held in the Bower Garden, will display for the first time images of gardens the Norwich-educated designer created more than two centuries ago.
The winning entry was taken by Simon Lea at Warley Woods in the West Midlands, while Sheringham Park, Repton's favourite work, features amongst the finalists.
Malcolm Fisher, visitor experience manager at Sheringham Park, said: 'We're so excited to see the Repton category on display.
You may also want to watch:
'As a great artist himself, I'm sure Repton would have been pleased to see his work captured in this way.'
The free exhibition will run at the park from September 1 to October 28, dawn to dusk.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 3 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 4 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 New veterinary practice to set open in former Cromer GP surgery
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Conservatives hold on in Broadland
- 10 Mobile Post Office to come to two north Norfolk villages