Garden centre closing down after previous owner jailed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A garden centre once owned by a man who was jailed for stealing almost half a million pounds from his elderly mother is holding a closing down sale.
The current owners of Aylsham Garden Centre are advertising on Facebook with the sale starting on October 28 and ending on November 17.
The advert states that gifts, garden tools, pots and sundries are on offer.
The shop was previously owned by Gary Woodley, who was jailed for four years in October 2018.
A court heard that Woodley, of Norwich Road, Aylsham, stole £480,000 from 89-year-old Kathleen Woodley to pay off loans and fund his lifestyle between 2013 and 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The court was also told that the then 66-year-old was "likely" to lose his business as a result of his actions.
The garden centre in Norwich Road was contacted for a comment, but they did not wish to speak.
- 1 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
- 2 Hurricane and Spitfire in the Norfolk sky as heritage centre opens
- 3 Caravan site applies to be able to open during winter months
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 Animal rescue group needs to double volunteer team to meet demand
- 6 Most villagers back military training overhead despite noise
- 7 Four days of fun planned for North Walsham Memorial park
- 8 Pub is back, with new menu and brand, after closure fears
- 9 Town lido among schemes put forward in funding bid
- 10 'A truly affordable home': Teeny tiny abode sold for glamping