Garden centre closing down after previous owner jailed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A garden centre once owned by a man who was jailed for stealing almost half a million pounds from his elderly mother is holding a closing down sale.
The current owners of Aylsham Garden Centre are advertising on Facebook with the sale starting on October 28 and ending on November 17.
The advert states that gifts, garden tools, pots and sundries are on offer.
The shop was previously owned by Gary Woodley, who was jailed for four years in October 2018.
A court heard that Woodley, of Norwich Road, Aylsham, stole £480,000 from 89-year-old Kathleen Woodley to pay off loans and fund his lifestyle between 2013 and 2016.
The court was also told that the then 66-year-old was "likely" to lose his business as a result of his actions.
The garden centre in Norwich Road was contacted for a comment, but they did not wish to speak.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 4 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 9 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets