Fun and frolics at town’s annual children’s day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of families enjoyed live music, bouncy castles, balloon modelling and much more at the North Walsham Children's Day, held earlier this month at St Nicholas church yard.
Robert Murphy, children's day founder and chairman, said he was thrilled with the response to the event, which was funded by North Walsham Community Shop, the town council and Sainsbury's Local Hero scheme.
Mr Murphy said: "We are very excited to already be talking about how we can provide even more in 2020. If anyone is interested in getting involved they can contact us via our Facebook Page."
The event raised more than £1,650, which will be split between North Walsham Play and St Nicholas Church.
Matthew Smith, Founder and Trustee of North Walsham Play, said: "There are so many unsung heroes who make these events possible - so North Walsham Play would like extend our thanks to each and every person who helped and who attended."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard