Fun and frolics at town’s annual children’s day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of families enjoyed live music, bouncy castles, balloon modelling and much more at the North Walsham Children's Day, held earlier this month at St Nicholas church yard.
Robert Murphy, children's day founder and chairman, said he was thrilled with the response to the event, which was funded by North Walsham Community Shop, the town council and Sainsbury's Local Hero scheme.
Mr Murphy said: "We are very excited to already be talking about how we can provide even more in 2020. If anyone is interested in getting involved they can contact us via our Facebook Page."
The event raised more than £1,650, which will be split between North Walsham Play and St Nicholas Church.
Matthew Smith, Founder and Trustee of North Walsham Play, said: "There are so many unsung heroes who make these events possible - so North Walsham Play would like extend our thanks to each and every person who helped and who attended."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 2 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 3 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach
- 4 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 5 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 6 Town's new hopper bus 'well received'
- 7 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 8 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest