Fun and frolics at town’s annual children’s day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of families enjoyed live music, bouncy castles, balloon modelling and much more at the North Walsham Children's Day, held earlier this month at St Nicholas church yard.
Robert Murphy, children's day founder and chairman, said he was thrilled with the response to the event, which was funded by North Walsham Community Shop, the town council and Sainsbury's Local Hero scheme.
Mr Murphy said: "We are very excited to already be talking about how we can provide even more in 2020. If anyone is interested in getting involved they can contact us via our Facebook Page."
The event raised more than £1,650, which will be split between North Walsham Play and St Nicholas Church.
Matthew Smith, Founder and Trustee of North Walsham Play, said: "There are so many unsung heroes who make these events possible - so North Walsham Play would like extend our thanks to each and every person who helped and who attended."
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Man swims for survival after speedboat sinks off Norfolk coast
- 5 Car set alight in arson attack in north Norfolk
- 6 'Amazing' display of cascading poppies now on display in Cromer
- 7 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 8 How north Norfolk will be celebrating the Jubilee
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 10 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police