Fundraiser completes 100 mile charity walk for Dementia UK in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
A tired fundraiser is looking forward to putting his feet up after walking almost 100 miles in just five days.
Nigel Jeavons finished his epic journey on Friday, August 24, in Cromer after tackling the Peddars Way and the National Coastal Path in aid of charity Dementia UK.
Mr Jeavons, who works for Hughes Electrical in Hunstanton, lost his mother to the illness a few years ago.
He walked up to 20 miles a day, supported by colleagues, including his area manager, and two close friends.
Mr Jeavons said: 'Dementia UK is very special to me and I hope to have raised over £1,000 when the money is in.'
You may also want to watch:
'The last five days have been challenging and I am really thankful to my colleagues who gave up their time to support me each and every step of the way.'
Barclays, in Hunstanton, also agreed to match up to £500 of funds for the charity.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 10 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
Donations towards Mr Jeavons' total can be made at: www.gofundme.com/peddars -way-100-miles