Fundraiser completes 100 mile charity walk for Dementia UK in Cromer
- Credit: Archant
A tired fundraiser is looking forward to putting his feet up after walking almost 100 miles in just five days.
Nigel Jeavons finished his epic journey on Friday, August 24, in Cromer after tackling the Peddars Way and the National Coastal Path in aid of charity Dementia UK.
Mr Jeavons, who works for Hughes Electrical in Hunstanton, lost his mother to the illness a few years ago.
He walked up to 20 miles a day, supported by colleagues, including his area manager, and two close friends.
Mr Jeavons said: 'Dementia UK is very special to me and I hope to have raised over £1,000 when the money is in.'
You may also want to watch:
'The last five days have been challenging and I am really thankful to my colleagues who gave up their time to support me each and every step of the way.'
Barclays, in Hunstanton, also agreed to match up to £500 of funds for the charity.
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
Donations towards Mr Jeavons' total can be made at: www.gofundme.com/peddars -way-100-miles