Fun day success at flying club
- Credit: Archant
A classic car and plane day at Felthorpe Flying Club raised £1,609 for Norfolk's MS Therapy Centre.
More than 200 people were at the event on Sunday, August 5 to admire vintage aircraft and vehicles from the Cromer Classic Cars and the North Norfolk Morris Minor Club.
Among the highlights was a newly-built copy of First World War ace the Red Baron's bright red triplane.
Some visitors also had the chance to take a flight in one of the aircraft.
June Collingwood, MS Therapy Centre fundraiser, said the day was a big success.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We would like to thank everyone who supported the event, particularly Bobby Gotts and the members of Felthorpe Flying Group, whose unstinting help to ensure the event's success, is immensely appreciated.' She said money raised would: 'make a tremendous contribution towards the continuity of the services, therapies and help given to people in Norfolk with neurological conditions who visit the centre.'
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches