Fun day success at flying club
- Credit: Archant
A classic car and plane day at Felthorpe Flying Club raised £1,609 for Norfolk's MS Therapy Centre.
More than 200 people were at the event on Sunday, August 5 to admire vintage aircraft and vehicles from the Cromer Classic Cars and the North Norfolk Morris Minor Club.
Among the highlights was a newly-built copy of First World War ace the Red Baron's bright red triplane.
Some visitors also had the chance to take a flight in one of the aircraft.
June Collingwood, MS Therapy Centre fundraiser, said the day was a big success.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'We would like to thank everyone who supported the event, particularly Bobby Gotts and the members of Felthorpe Flying Group, whose unstinting help to ensure the event's success, is immensely appreciated.' She said money raised would: 'make a tremendous contribution towards the continuity of the services, therapies and help given to people in Norfolk with neurological conditions who visit the centre.'
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads