Full-time residential use of Norfolk caravan and chalet park approved
- Credit: Archant
Caravan and chalet owners at a north Norfolk park can now live there all year round as their main or sole residence.
Proposals to vary conditional control for holiday accommodation at Alder Country Park, formerly known as North Walsham Chalet and Caravan Park, in Bacton Road, North Walsham, have been approved.
The previous control allowed 12-month use for holiday accommodation purposes only and required that any occupiers must have their main or sole residence elsewhere.
But they can now use their homes as either 12-month holiday accommodation or residential use, including as a main residence.
Plans submitted by Exclusive Luxury Lodges Ltd were approved, subject to conditions, by North Norfolk District councillors at a meeting on Thursday, April 2.
You may also want to watch:
Another area of the park is also currently subject to the same restrictions. This area is under the same ownership as the application site, but will be considered later.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England