Lighthouse volunteer celebrates appearing in national ‘photo of the day’ features
- Credit: PA
A volunteer at a north Norfolk lighthouse has celebrated appearing in two national papers' 'photo of the day' features.
Stephen Burke, vice chairman of the Friends of Happisburgh Lighthouse group, was featured in the Times and the Telegraph's picture of the day spread on Easter Monday, April 22.
Mr Burke, who has volunteered with the group for eight years, said: 'The reason they did it was it was our first open day of the year.
'Our next one is on the May bank holiday - there are just 14 public open days a year.
'My role is promoting the lighthouse, which also offers private tours, to potential visitors so we were very pleased to get the coverage.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We're the only independently owned lighthouse in the country and there are 112 steps to the top.
'We had wonderful weather for the photos with the blue sky behind the lighthouse.'
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived
For more details, visit: http://happisburgh.org.uk/lighthouse/