Lighthouse volunteer celebrates appearing in national ‘photo of the day’ features
- Credit: PA
A volunteer at a north Norfolk lighthouse has celebrated appearing in two national papers' 'photo of the day' features.
Stephen Burke, vice chairman of the Friends of Happisburgh Lighthouse group, was featured in the Times and the Telegraph's picture of the day spread on Easter Monday, April 22.
Mr Burke, who has volunteered with the group for eight years, said: 'The reason they did it was it was our first open day of the year.
'Our next one is on the May bank holiday - there are just 14 public open days a year.
'My role is promoting the lighthouse, which also offers private tours, to potential visitors so we were very pleased to get the coverage.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We're the only independently owned lighthouse in the country and there are 112 steps to the top.
'We had wonderful weather for the photos with the blue sky behind the lighthouse.'
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid
For more details, visit: http://happisburgh.org.uk/lighthouse/