Lighthouse volunteer celebrates appearing in national ‘photo of the day’ features
- Credit: PA
A volunteer at a north Norfolk lighthouse has celebrated appearing in two national papers' 'photo of the day' features.
Stephen Burke, vice chairman of the Friends of Happisburgh Lighthouse group, was featured in the Times and the Telegraph's picture of the day spread on Easter Monday, April 22.
Mr Burke, who has volunteered with the group for eight years, said: 'The reason they did it was it was our first open day of the year.
'Our next one is on the May bank holiday - there are just 14 public open days a year.
'My role is promoting the lighthouse, which also offers private tours, to potential visitors so we were very pleased to get the coverage.'
He added: 'We're the only independently owned lighthouse in the country and there are 112 steps to the top.
'We had wonderful weather for the photos with the blue sky behind the lighthouse.'
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
For more details, visit: http://happisburgh.org.uk/lighthouse/