Lighthouse volunteer celebrates appearing in national ‘photo of the day’ features
- Credit: PA
A volunteer at a north Norfolk lighthouse has celebrated appearing in two national papers' 'photo of the day' features.
Stephen Burke, vice chairman of the Friends of Happisburgh Lighthouse group, was featured in the Times and the Telegraph's picture of the day spread on Easter Monday, April 22.
Mr Burke, who has volunteered with the group for eight years, said: 'The reason they did it was it was our first open day of the year.
'Our next one is on the May bank holiday - there are just 14 public open days a year.
'My role is promoting the lighthouse, which also offers private tours, to potential visitors so we were very pleased to get the coverage.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We're the only independently owned lighthouse in the country and there are 112 steps to the top.
'We had wonderful weather for the photos with the blue sky behind the lighthouse.'
- 1 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 2 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 3 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 4 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 5 100-year-old free town guide launches biggest edition yet
- 6 Man denies murder of 42-year-old who was stabbed in neck
- 7 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 8 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 9 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 10 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
For more details, visit: http://happisburgh.org.uk/lighthouse/