Tips on keeping your horse fighting fit at free seminar
- Credit: Archant
A free veterinary seminar is being held by Redwings to help owners keep their horses fighting fit.
Redwings' senior veterinary surgeon Nicky Jarvis will share her top practical tips at the horse sanctuary's seminar, called Lightening the Load!, at its Aylsham visitor centre, on Tuesday, April 2 from 6.30pm.
Advice will be given on assessing your horse's weight, how to help your four-legged friend lose those extra pounds safely and the best ways to balance a horse's mental and physical wellbeing while keeping them trim.
Andie Vilela, Redwings' education and campaigns manager, said: 'Obesity is one of the biggest problems facing horses right now, with 50pc to 70pc of all horses overweight in the UK. Excess fat is much more than just extra luggage; it can lead to serious health problems, so it's important that horse owners have the knowledge to become effective fat fighters.'
To book, call 01508 481055 or email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 8 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 9 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 10 Signalling fault causes delays on north Norfolk train lines