Free course on offer to mobility scooter users
Mobility scooter users in Aylsham interested in improving their driving techniques are being asked to register their interest in a nationally-recognised awareness course.
Officers from the Aylsham Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) would like to hear from anyone who lives in or around Aylsham who would like to take join a free course in the early part of next year.
Users will work their way through a series of cones, obstructions and props to boost their confidence when carrying out basic manoeuvres including parking, reversing and negotiating kerbs.
PCSO Tracey Frost said: 'The ability to be mobile is extremely important for people. However we need to ensure that people use mobility scooters in a safe and appropriate manner which was raised by the public at a recent meeting. This course will help to achieve this.
'We are planning to hold a course next year but would like to gauge the amount of interest to see if extra dates are required and where best to hold the course'.
You may also want to watch:
Further information is available by calling the team on 0845 456 4567, or attending the next Aylsham Safer Neighbourhood Action Panel meeting on December 20 at 7pm at the Jubilee Centre, Norwich Road, Aylsham.
- 1 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 2 Delight at housing association seals award for affordable homes
- 3 Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Lib Dem leader quits in North
- 5 Prams hurtling through the streets and chocolate wafers pinched - three quirky tales from town pubs
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 8 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 9 Jury to hear closing speeches in North Walsham murder trial
- 10 Nearly £50,000 donated to restore Grade II listed church organ