Free car parking boost for shoppers during lockdown
- Credit: Archant
Free car parking will be available at CT Baker Budgens of Holt during the lockdown.
It comes following the Government’s announcement that the lockdown will continue for another three weeks as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
Jane Gurney-Read, chairman and managing director of CT Baker Group, said: “We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our staff and customers can adhere to social distancing, which includes limiting numbers of people in the store.
“As a result, some customers may find themselves queuing, and therefore we don’t want them to be worrying about their parking ticket expiring if they are unable to return to their car quickly.
“We recognise that many of our shoppers are helping out others, so we wanted to do something that would make shopping just that little bit easier.”
You may also want to watch:
The two payment machines in the car park have been covered and have notices attached to them.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 8 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 9 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway