Former north Norfolk school for sale
Ed FossA former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.Ed Foss
A former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.
Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.
It had operated from the site for more than 20 years and at its peak there were just short of 200 pupils attending, although its capacity at time of closure had reduced to around 160 with the decommissioning of one building.
The property is now being marketed as Aylmerton Hall by Christie and Co and includes a former rectory building on three storeys, an office block, gym, classroom blocks, outdoor swimming pool, netball court and grounds of approximately two acres.
- 1 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 2 Light it up! Hundreds flock to Cromer Christmas festival
- 3 New 'boutique hotel' for hedgehogs opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Delving into north Norfolk's rich railway history with the U3A
- 5 'I'd throw a massive street party' - Q&A with Tracey Ringwood
- 6 German filmmaker's 'love letter to Britain' features famous Norfolk show
- 7 Village sub postmistress hangs up her date stamp after 24 years
- 8 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 9 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 10 Your say: How would you improve Holt?