Former north Norfolk school for sale
Ed FossA former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.Ed Foss
A former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.
Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.
It had operated from the site for more than 20 years and at its peak there were just short of 200 pupils attending, although its capacity at time of closure had reduced to around 160 with the decommissioning of one building.
The property is now being marketed as Aylmerton Hall by Christie and Co and includes a former rectory building on three storeys, an office block, gym, classroom blocks, outdoor swimming pool, netball court and grounds of approximately two acres.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident