Former north Norfolk school for sale
Ed FossA former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.Ed Foss
A former independent school near Cromer has been put on the market with a guide price of �400,000.
Wood Dene School at Aylmerton closed at the end of the Easter term following problems with falling numbers, unpaid fees and the recession.
It had operated from the site for more than 20 years and at its peak there were just short of 200 pupils attending, although its capacity at time of closure had reduced to around 160 with the decommissioning of one building.
The property is now being marketed as Aylmerton Hall by Christie and Co and includes a former rectory building on three storeys, an office block, gym, classroom blocks, outdoor swimming pool, netball court and grounds of approximately two acres.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 2 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 3 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 7 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 8 Hotel's bid for nine holiday lodges 'to compete with Airbnb'
- 9 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 10 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'