Road reopened in Wroxham after burst water pipe causes traffic misery
- Credit: Archant
Commuters had to drive miles out of their way after a burst water pipe in Wroxham forced Anglia Water workers to shut the road.
Norwich Road was closed in both direction after flooding was reported between The Avenue and Station Road junctions.
A team from Anglian Water spent the morning of Saturday September 22 fixing the pipe, and was able to reopen the road again at around 3pm.
One commuter described traffic misery after they were forced to take a diversion.
The witness, who did not want to be named, said drivers faced a two-mile tailback heading north between Coltishall and Horstead.
•Check our live traffic map before you travel
You may also want to watch:
- Did you get stuck in traffic following the disruptions? Email details or photographs to reporter Donna-Louise Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?