Five-year-old proves a swimming sensation
A FIVE-YEAR-OLD Sheringham girl , has shocked her parents and swimming coach by demonstrating an amazing ability within the water .For most five-year-olds, being able to swim one length of a swimming pool would be a great achievement.
A FIVE-YEAR-OLD Sheringham girl , has shocked her parents and swimming coach by demonstrating an amazing ability within the water .
For most five-year-olds, being able to swim one length of a swimming pool would be a great achievement. But for Kayleigh McLeod, who just turned five in December, six lengths of an Olympic size swimming pool is a more realistic target.
Kayleigh who has only been swimming for about a year and has private lessons led by Loren Allen of Swimtastic Swim School at Bodham Pinewood Leisure Park, has just completed 300m in a time of less than 15 minutes.
Loren said: 'Kayleigh is an extraordinary child with a brilliant attitude and a truly remarkable ability. When you consider that the National Curriculum requires a Year 6 student, which is approximately 10 to 11 years of age, be able to swim a distance of just 25m, Kayleigh has quite literally blown this target out of the water'.
You may also want to watch:
If swimming 300m at the age of five was not enough, the youngster has also already mastered the tricky and difficult art of tumble turns.
This remarkable feat which occurred on Mothering Sunday has made Kayleigh's parents extremely proud of their daughter saying: 'We are so proud of her and are blown away with her achievements; she just keeps amazing us with her ability and boundless amounts of energy to keep going. Kayleigh has always loved playing in the water and since her lessons with Loren, has come on in leaps and bounds and is eager to learn and achieve more. Loren is a fantastic swimming teacher and combines learning in the water with fun'.
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 5 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 'Proud to be a Cromer fisherman' - Tributes paid to Norfolk stalwart
Kayleigh who is in reception year at Sheringham Primary School, thoroughly enjoys her time within the water and is always looking to improve under the direction of her coach. She said: 'I love it', and when asked about learning different strokes or tumble turns, she gave me 'two thumbs up'.
For more information about Swimtastic Swim School and swimming lessons with Loren, call: 07880962595.