Fittness group going strong - after 25 years
Members of an over-60s exercise class have celebrated 25 years of fitness, fun and friendship, with a tea party with cake and balloons.The group, which meets at Northrepps village hall on Mondays from 2.
Members of an over-60s exercise class have celebrated 25 years of fitness, fun and friendship, with a tea party with cake and balloons.
The group, which meets at Northrepps village hall on Mondays from 2.30-3.30pm, is run by national charity Extend, which trains instructors of exercise to music for the over-60s and those with special needs.
It was founded by Extend-trained instructor Marguerite Warr, who, although now 85, continues to attend weekly classes.
"It is a great way to keep active, and to make friends," Mrs Warr said.
You may also want to watch:
Lindsey Davis, who retrained as an Extend instructor after being made redundant from her job as an accounts clerk at RAF Coltishall, took over the reins from Mrs Warr 18 months ago.
She also runs classes at Worstead day care centre, and at two North Walsham residential care homes.
- 1 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 2 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 3 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 4 'It's disappointing' - Anger as crab pots used for beach bonfire
- 5 160-year-old pub to be demolished to make way for seven homes
- 6 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 9 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 10 Cyclist fights for life after crash with car
"Taking part is stimulating both physically and mentally," Mrs Davis said. "And I think that anything older people can do keep active in both those respects improves their quality of life, which is what Extend is all about."
Members of the Northrepps group, three of whom are in their nineties, celebrated on Monday with a buffet tea followed by a slice of celebratory cake baked by Marguerite.
For information about joining Northrepps Extend group, phone 01263 768159.