Fires continue to burn after blaze at industrial estate warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Fires are continuing to burn following a huge blaze at a Norfolk industrial estate over the weekend.
The director of Drury's Environmental Services, Kevin Robotham, said residents in North Walsham should not be alarmed and the fire is 'under control'.
'The fire brigade advised us that there will be fires on the site with visible flames and smoke for some time,' he said.
'The best way for the fire to extinguish is for it to burn itself out and while that happens members of the public will continue to see visible signs of a fire.
'At the moment there are two or three piles of waste still burning and from the outside it may look like the whole place is still alight but it is under control and has been left under the guidance of the fire brigade.'
You may also want to watch:
It took 60 firefighters to get the fire under control after it ignited in the company's waste recycling warehouse on Saturday evening. No one was injured.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show