Fires continue to burn after blaze at industrial estate warehouse
- Credit: Archant
Fires are continuing to burn following a huge blaze at a Norfolk industrial estate over the weekend.
The director of Drury's Environmental Services, Kevin Robotham, said residents in North Walsham should not be alarmed and the fire is 'under control'.
'The fire brigade advised us that there will be fires on the site with visible flames and smoke for some time,' he said.
'The best way for the fire to extinguish is for it to burn itself out and while that happens members of the public will continue to see visible signs of a fire.
'At the moment there are two or three piles of waste still burning and from the outside it may look like the whole place is still alight but it is under control and has been left under the guidance of the fire brigade.'
You may also want to watch:
It took 60 firefighters to get the fire under control after it ignited in the company's waste recycling warehouse on Saturday evening. No one was injured.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
- 8 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash near Aylsham
- 10 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk