Firefighters tackle blaze in Norfolk village after rubbish set alight
- Credit: Archant
Two crews of firefighters were called to battle a blaze in a Norfolk village this afternoon after rubbish was accidentally set alight.
The fire service were called just after 1.20pm to reports of a rubbish fire in a field in Hainford earlier today (Wednesday, May 22).
Crews from Earlham and Sprowston extinguished the blaze, on Grange Road.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: "We were called to the scene at 1.21pm."
She added that the rubbish was thought to have been lit accidentally, and was tackled by crews using hoses and fire retardant foam systems.
Crews were still at the scene of the fire at 3.15pm but the flames had been extinguished.
It came just hours after a fire engine from Carrow was called to assist police after a tree fell on to a lorry on the A140 at Hainford, near Coltishall.
Diversions were in place but the crew was not needed to help with clearing the road.