Firefighters tackle blaze in Norfolk village after rubbish set alight
- Credit: Archant
Two crews of firefighters were called to battle a blaze in a Norfolk village this afternoon after rubbish was accidentally set alight.
The fire service were called just after 1.20pm to reports of a rubbish fire in a field in Hainford earlier today (Wednesday, May 22).
Crews from Earlham and Sprowston extinguished the blaze, on Grange Road.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue said: "We were called to the scene at 1.21pm."
She added that the rubbish was thought to have been lit accidentally, and was tackled by crews using hoses and fire retardant foam systems.
You may also want to watch:
Crews were still at the scene of the fire at 3.15pm but the flames had been extinguished.
It came just hours after a fire engine from Carrow was called to assist police after a tree fell on to a lorry on the A140 at Hainford, near Coltishall.
Diversions were in place but the crew was not needed to help with clearing the road.
- 1 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 4 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 5 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 6 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 7 Family's bid to fund 'life-changing' operation for brave Kaiden, eight
- 8 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 9 Lib Dems pick new leader for Norfolk County Council group
- 10 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times