Firefighters tackle blaze at house
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters have tackled a blaze at a house in a Broads village.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called to a domestic property fire on Long Lane in Catfield at 3.53am on Sunday (January 3).
Applicances from Stalham, Martham and Wroxham attended the scene.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus and using hose reel jets took just over an hour to extinguish the fire.
They also employed a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots, while a ventiliation fan was used to clear the smoke.
The ambulance service was not required.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 'We can't tolerate breaches' - Council gives Covid warnings to takeaways
- 3 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 4 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 5 Bid to replace bungalow near railway line with five new homes refused
- 6 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 7 Village pub opens shop to fill lockdown gap
- 8 'Not in a religious village!' - Residents' shock at drug squad swoop
- 9 Full list: £715,000 to be spent to make 113 Norfolk roads safer
- 10 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best