Fire crews called to blaze near former airfield
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called in to put out a blaze in farm land in Matlaske, near a former Royal Air Force airfield.
Crews from Sheringham, Holt and Cromer fire stations went to the scene of the fire in a stubble field at around 2.20pm today (Tuesday, August 7).
Crews used hose reel jets and beaters and had the fire under control by just after 3pm.
The last fire crew were away from the scene at around 4pm.
- 1 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 2 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 3 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 4 Jewellery stolen in Sheringham burglary
- 5 People queue up on new leisure centre's first day
- 6 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 7 Appeal to transform Second World War camp into holiday lets is dismissed
- 8 'Busiest November ever' - Shops and pubs in north Norfolk prepare for Christmas
- 9 Work 'up and running' at site of store destroyed in fire
- 10 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display