Man in critical condition after house fire near Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s is in a critical condition following a fire at a home near the north Norfolk coast overnight.
Crews from Cromer, Sheringham and North Walsham stations were at the blaze off Norwich Road in Northrepps, after being called out at 11.44pm on Friday, December 20.
Detective Sergeant Dave McCormack there were two people in their 70s at the address, and they were both taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Det Sgt McCormack said: "There were two occupants there.
"One remains critically ill and Norfolk Constabulary and Norfolk Fire and Rescue continue to make investigations into the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. Thermal image cameras were also used to check for hotspots within the building. Fire crews were on the scene until 1.01am.
- 1 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 2 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 3 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 4 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen