Man in critical condition after house fire near Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s is in a critical condition following a fire at a home near the north Norfolk coast overnight.
Crews from Cromer, Sheringham and North Walsham stations were at the blaze off Norwich Road in Northrepps, after being called out at 11.44pm on Friday, December 20.
Detective Sergeant Dave McCormack there were two people in their 70s at the address, and they were both taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Det Sgt McCormack said: "There were two occupants there.
"One remains critically ill and Norfolk Constabulary and Norfolk Fire and Rescue continue to make investigations into the incident."
You may also want to watch:
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. Thermal image cameras were also used to check for hotspots within the building. Fire crews were on the scene until 1.01am.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 3 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 4 'We just need a vaccine' - Cromer reacts to being placed in tier two
- 5 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 6 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 7 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 8 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 9 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 10 People released from car after crash closes road