Man in critical condition after house fire near Norfolk coast
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 70s is in a critical condition following a fire at a home near the north Norfolk coast overnight.
Crews from Cromer, Sheringham and North Walsham stations were at the blaze off Norwich Road in Northrepps, after being called out at 11.44pm on Friday, December 20.
Detective Sergeant Dave McCormack there were two people in their 70s at the address, and they were both taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
Det Sgt McCormack said: "There were two occupants there.
"One remains critically ill and Norfolk Constabulary and Norfolk Fire and Rescue continue to make investigations into the incident."
Crews wore breathing apparatus and used main jets and hose reel jets to extinguish the fire. Thermal image cameras were also used to check for hotspots within the building. Fire crews were on the scene until 1.01am.
- 1 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 2 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 7 Meet the candidates: Three parties face-off in district by-election
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Wind farm decision due in days
- 10 Retired nurse took her own life, inquest hears