Man detained after flat fire in Norfolk town
- Credit: Archant
A man has been detained by police after a fire ripped through a flat in a north Norfolk town.
Norfolk Police said a man was taken into custody and the blaze in Manor Walk, Holt, was being investigated as a suspected arson.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue crews from Sheringham and Holt were called to the scene just after 1pm on Monday, and used hoses to put out the flames.
Charlie Bailey, who lives below the second-story flat where the fire happened, said he got home from work about 2.40pm to find some walls and part of the floor of his home were soaked with water from the firefighters' response.
He said: 'When I came home I saw the police on the main road and as I got closer I saw the window was melted and burned out.
You may also want to watch:
'When I got in the power was out and part of our carpet had turned into a swimming pool.'
No-one is believed to have been injured in the fire.
MORE: Fire rips through flat in north Norfolk town..The property is owned by Victory Housing Trust. A spokseman from Victory said: 'We are thankful that no-one was injured in this incident, and are grateful for the prompt and professional response of the emergency services which ensured that everyone was safe, and that damage to the building was minimised. 'We have had a member of staff on site all afternoon to offer assistance to our residents. We are working with the emergency services to make the building safe, and once it is handed back to us, we will be able to assess what needs to be done to repair the damage.'
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 5 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 6 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 7 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 8 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway