Fire damages Stalham house
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.
Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.50pm.
The couple in the house, believed to be pensioners, escaped safely before the first crews arrived.
The severity of the fire in the first floor and roof space saw extra crews called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Station manager Peter Harris praised crews for tackling the fire quickly, getting it under control inside an hour and stopping fire damage to the ground floor which escaped with just smoke and water damage.
He also thanked neighbours for rallying around to provide storage for the couple's belongings which were salvaged from the fire.
- 1 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 2 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 3 'Truly sorry' - Former rival pays damages to Norfolk MP
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 6 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 7 Two Norfolk towns to fight for share of £220m funding war chest
- 8 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 9 Delays remain but town traffic chaos eases with removal of lights
- 10 Slight increase in Norfolk coronavirus rates after restrictions eased
A Red Cross fire victims support team also attended to help the couple who were uninjured.
Mr Harris said the fire was believed to have started accidentally on the first floor where the man was doing some work.