Fire damages Stalham house
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.
Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.50pm.
The couple in the house, believed to be pensioners, escaped safely before the first crews arrived.
The severity of the fire in the first floor and roof space saw extra crews called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Station manager Peter Harris praised crews for tackling the fire quickly, getting it under control inside an hour and stopping fire damage to the ground floor which escaped with just smoke and water damage.
He also thanked neighbours for rallying around to provide storage for the couple's belongings which were salvaged from the fire.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
A Red Cross fire victims support team also attended to help the couple who were uninjured.
Mr Harris said the fire was believed to have started accidentally on the first floor where the man was doing some work.