Fire damages Stalham house
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.
A couple's home at Stalham was badly damaged by fire on Sunday night.
Six fire engines attended the blaze at Stalham Green which broke out at about 6.50pm.
The couple in the house, believed to be pensioners, escaped safely before the first crews arrived.
The severity of the fire in the first floor and roof space saw extra crews called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Station manager Peter Harris praised crews for tackling the fire quickly, getting it under control inside an hour and stopping fire damage to the ground floor which escaped with just smoke and water damage.
He also thanked neighbours for rallying around to provide storage for the couple's belongings which were salvaged from the fire.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
A Red Cross fire victims support team also attended to help the couple who were uninjured.
Mr Harris said the fire was believed to have started accidentally on the first floor where the man was doing some work.