Fire breaks out at seaside pub
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters were called into the centre of Cromer to put out a chimney fire at The Wellington pub.
The crew was called to the venue, at the corner of Garden Street and New Street, at around 9.20am this morning (Tuesday, February 18).
A Norfolk Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "Two fire crews, one from Sheringham and one from Cromer attended.
"They used equipment including back pack sprayers and a thermal image camera to extinguish a chimney fire and ventilate an area inside the property."
The pub's manager said around 9.45am it was a chimney fire which had since been put out.
The fire crews left the scene at about 10.45am.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 3 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 8 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers